Emmanuel Benjamin Arthur
Mr. Emmanuel Benjamin Arthur is a Chartered Environmentalist (CEnv) and Sustainability professional with over 15 years combined Mining, Oil & Gas Industry and Regulatory Experience (local/international). My values are Integrity, Ethical Leadership, Good Stewardship, Achieving Results, Continuous Development for personal effectiveness and excellence.
Is it my career objective to make a recognisable impact as a Sustainability and Environmental Management and Engineering Professional within large scale industries (mining, oil & gas and energy) advocating and embedding the principles and practice of sustainability as a positive business strategy for operational excellence and positive societal impact.
Professional skills, Core Strengths and Experience
- Full Member, Institution of Environmental Sciences (UK) in good standing
- 15 years combined professional experience in the extractive industry (mining, oil and gas) with in-depth understanding of the sustainability issues within the sector
- Proven track record for stakeholder engagement specifically financial lenders (IFC), regulatory authorities, NGOs and local communities having in-depth understanding on the dynamics these stakeholders bring to bear on industry
- Experience and delivery in EHS performance management, Corporate Sustainability Reporting, Project EIA delivery, financial markets, due diligence and legal disclosures
- Sustainability projects investment appraisal/capital budgeting and multi criteria evaluation (BAT/BPEO)
- Familiar with IFC performance standards and lending environmental and social performance requirements
- Development and design of pollution prevention strategies and environmental safeguarding
- Development, implementation and maintenance of ISO 14001 EMS
- Conducting Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) and statement preparation
- Process Hazard Analysis, HAZOPs and HAZID
- Design of ecological restoration programmes and land-use planning
- EHS Incident Investigations – offshore operations, marine transport, land transport, Industrial facilities, Bulk chemical storage (COMAH sites)
- Qualified EHS Management System Auditor (External and Internal ISO related audits)
2002 – 2003: MSc. in Environmental Engineering,
University of Nottingham, United Kingdom.
1997 – 2001: BSc (Hons) in Natural Resource Management (2nd Class Upper Division),
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, Ghana